Housing and Property Management
- Financial management services including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Preparing the corporate file for the annual audit.
- Making sure that there is an adequate accounting system in place that produces monthly financial statements.
- Developing an overall property maintenance and repair program for routine and preventive maintenance.
- Making sure a capital plan is developed and kept up to date.
- Retaining and supervising trades people, other contractors and consultants.
- Maintaining all necessary systems, procedures and measures related to life and safety, emergency response and security.
- Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with all financial requirements, operating agreements and funding programs.
Housing Project Management and Development
- Coordinating major construction projects.
- Liaising with engineers, construction companies, and stakeholders.
- Advising on tenancy and member issues.
- Finding possibilities for partnerships to develop housing expansion.
- Completing application and rental process, rent-up, unit allocations, and coordinating moves.
- Ensuring marketing and advertising.
Special Projects and Consultation
- Administering subsidy programs based on the housing providers requirements.
- Implementing rent / housing charge increases.
- Banking, deposits and monitoring cash flow and ensuring investments.
- Assisting in the preparation of the co-op’s capital and operating budgets.
- Acting on the Co-op’s behalf to ensure that it meets its legal requirements.
- Capital and Long-term planning.
Housing Managers Collective can help you